Sunday 25 August 2013

Andrew Marr and the Daily Mail

Andrew Marr
So I read an article in the Daily Mail entitled "Who runs Britain? An Army of unregarded, unpaid carers. Now it's time we cared for them says Andrew Marr and his wife who nursed him after stroke"

How does the Daily Mail manage it?

I quite like Andrew Marr and the fact that he has had a stroke is unfortunate.  I sympathise with him - not that I've had one but I could.  I am also pleased for him that he has a loving wife who has apparently supported him in his recovery.  So how does the Daily Mail manage to report on these facts and still rile its readers?

My own feeling is because the Daily Mail is full of such judgemental right wing journalists that they wouldn't see a sanctimonious seal if it jumped up and slapped them in the face.  Their article is so condescending and hypocritical that (when I last looked) it had accumulated 99 comments most of which were angry and critical of the assumed 'caring' attitude the article wished to convey.  The gist of it was that 'we' the carers already know this issue and have been abused by the government and the culture forever and a day.

I decided (against my better judgement) to leave a comment.  That was a mistake.  First I had to get through their signing in rubbish.  Why is it these people can't make their web site work properly.  In short it fails and I eventually managed to get my avatar registered but it didn't tell me it had to be a bitmap.  I must have spent an hour messing about with their amateur website.  And I posted a comment which it told me was too long.  It told me I was allowed 1000 characters.  But only seemed to accept about 993.  I eventually got the comment posted but it never appeared.  Sometime later it still hadn't appeared and so I submitted it again with the text altered and went through this process a third time.  Still no comment appeared.

So was there something wrong with the following observation on the subject of 'carers' and the UK?


So where's my comment ...

Although this sounds like a good idea and I agree with the sentiment the problem stems from the abusive culture as overtly evidenced by the behaviour of the criminal bankers and dishonourable politicians.

Making laws to give people rights to reduce working hours might look good for the few middle class examples but it will not work for the majority.  We are not short of funds in this country but we are short of personal responsibility by those in power.

The problem of a lack of caring (evidenced by the economic value given to it as expressed in this article) is concentrating at the top of the power pyramid.  Finding ways to adapt to their abuse is the hall mark of a co-dependent abusive relationship.

Most people are aware that the politicians are compulsive liars and we MUST stop this cowardly diplomatic acceptance of their criminal behaviour.  Allowing bankers carte blanche to rob us blind for fear they will leave the country is criminal in the extreme.


or this one?


Is this comment system working? ... Although this sounds like a good idea the problem stems from the abusive culture as seen in the behaviour of the criminal bankers and politicians.  Making laws to give people rights to reduce working hours might look good for the middle class but it will not work for the majority.  We are not short of funds in this country but we are short of personal responsibility by those in power.  The problem of a uncaring (financially or otherwise) is concentrating at the top of the power pyramid.  Finding ways to adapt to their cruelty is the hall mark of a co-dependent abusive relationship.  Most people are aware that the politicians are compulsive liars and we MUST stop this cowardly diplomatic acceptance of their criminal behaviour.  Allowing bankers carte blanche to rob us blind for fear they will leave the country is criminal in the extreme.


Well at least with my own blog I can ensure my comments get published - until Google decide to comply with government regulations and shut it down because it is esoteric or terrorist or some other such fabricated nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment