Wednesday 2 January 2013

Swordfish



Since I have nothing to write about I will make something up.  How wonderful to tramp through the orange peel of someone else's sword fish.  How ridiculous is it to make a New Year's resolution to write something on my blog every day of the year?  What happens when I have nothing to say?

So I went to http://www.randomwebsite.com/ and the first thing that came up was http://www.historicalweapons.com/.  Not very useful - and it is in Croatian to boot!  You can find out what language it is with Google's translation tool.  It has an auto-detect option.  That is, it automatically detects the language, it doesn't find your car if you have misplaced it on New Year's eve.

Then I came across something a little weird.  A love affair with goat.  But the guy spends more time designing and selling templates for pumpkins now.  His Goatee Style web address is http://goateestyle.com/ and his Zombie pumpkin web site is http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/ but I have embedded the goat romance here.  It may not satisfy the Bronies but Groaties need their fix too.



After this all I got was crap so I have given up on randomwebsite.com - It's a fail.

So I tried stubleupon and came across www.wherecoolthingshappen.com/1-perfectly-timed-photos/ which was a bit nifty.

And I found a quote for which I can't locate the origin but it goes...

"Before you judge others or claim any absolute truth, consider that you can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you read this, you are travelling at 220 kilometres per second across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in your body carry their own microbial DNA and are not 'you'. The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato. The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photoreceptors in your eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So you don't just look at a rainbow, you create it. This is pretty amazing, especially considering that all the beautiful colours you see represent less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum."

which is sort of a bit interesting.  Before the internet I used to think these things were very interesting.  Has the internet dulled my sense of wonder?  I wonder!

Well I might get the hang of stumbleupon one day but after some time of stumbling I did come across the Osaka City Station Water Fountain Clock.  It is something else.  Words can't do it justice you will just have to watch it for yourself...



Now I have to go get dinner;  Lots of garlic, tomatoes and noodles.

(If that does not remain the most boring entry this year I will cut of my ... something.)

No comments:

Post a Comment