Saturday 24 September 2011

Mousemats by Sam Spruce

I decided to have a go at creating some abstract texture designs for Zazzle products.  I am reluctant to describe how these images were made because it all starts with cling film.  I have a thing about cling film.  A love hate relationship I suppose.  Maybe a fetish but now I am getting carried away.

I tried various ways to scan cling film on the scanner.  I tried laying it flat, crumpling it to various degrees and wrapping things like blue tack with it.  Having got some interesting base images I set about tampering with them using PainShop Pro and some of it's more interesting features.

Apart from the "Toxic Drums" mouse mat the other mats featured below are some of the results of my experimenting.  What is good about Zazzle is that you can make post cards, greeting cards, posters, mugs and all sorts featuring the designs.  I like mouse mats because they are relatively cheap as an art form and relatively incidental.  But they add quality to your desktop and enhance your environment.


Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Please feel free to visit the store by clicking on the products above and even create your own product like a fridge magnet or an iPad case.  I enjoy doing this so if I sell some I might be encouraged to produce more.

No comments:

Post a Comment